I'm so bewildered by this.
I trust my dentist to make good decisions about how to deal with my tooth pain even though I've had teeth for 56 years.
I rely on a tax preparer, even though I've paid taxes for over 40 years.
Just this morning, I asked the advice of the gentleman behind the counter at the post office what the best way to send a package to Michigan would be. I've mailed and received packages hundreds (maybe even thousands) of times before, but I don't presume to know what's currently best. My specific experience is simply not as full or as complete as the man behind the counter.
Why is it that people think their experience as a student many years ago or as a liver-of-life makes them more qualified than a career math educator to determine what's best to have in the curriculum?
No comments:
Post a Comment